The BitSafe Archive (BitAr) format is an encrypted archive format which allows you to protect files without having to embed them in a BitSafe document. The archive format uses the same AES-256 encryption algorithm to keep your data safe. BitAr files can be shared with other Mac users, who will be able to open them using BitSafe, BitSafeArchiver or BitSafeArchiverLE. BitSafeArchiver can create archives as well as reading them, while BitSafeArchiverLE provides read-only support.
BitSafeArchiver available for £0.89 / €0.99 / $0.99.
HistoryCurrent version: 1.5
New in this version:
- BitSafeArchiver is now a Universal Binary.
- Now using OpenSSL 3.0.1 for cryptography.
- Supports an updated BitAr file format.
- Now supports Dark Mode.
- Other minor improvements.
- The app now displays the appropriate icons for different file types within an archive.
- Support for OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
- Updated BitAr format (in common with BitSafe 1.2.1).
- Other minor enhancements and bug fixes.
- Initial release.