DesktopInfo gathers information about your Mac and renders it onto your desktop image. You have full control over the information displayed and how it is laid out, using standard text editing controls and simple text replacement macros. A range of standard macros are supplied, but you can extend the selection by creating your own macros to grab application version numbers, sysctl variables or even the output of a shell script.
DesktopInfo's ability to create deployment apps makes it simple to deploy your design across a number of Macs: all the machines in a lab, for example. You can also use a deployment app to configure your Mac to update the desktop image every time you log in.
Requires OS X 10.9 Mavericks or newer. Installation is as simple as dragging the the application from the disk image to your hard drive.
Please note that there is currently no way to update the background of the login screen on macOS 10.15 Catalina without disabling SIP (System Integrity Protection) which is not recommended, and as such, DesktopInfo does not support this. The desktop background can still be updated as normal.
Download DesktopInfo 1.2.2 File size: 13.7 MB
HistoryCurrent version 1.2.2:
- The interface now informs you that you can't change the login screen background on macOS 10.15+.
- Full support for macOS 10.14 Mojave, including Dark Mode.
- You can now make colour adjustments to the background image.
- You can now create macros to draw file icons in the rendered text.
- A few macros to draw icons are included in the standard set.
- Added ability to setup custom login screens.
- You can now apply a desktop design to multiple monitors.
- Fixed bug that prevented text justification from working correctly.
- Added a couple of new desktop images.
- Initial release.